1. Web Site License. As a user of this Web Site, you are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable, limited license to access and use this Web Site and Content in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. MyLawBid may terminate this license at any time for any reason at its sole and absolute discretion.
2. Web Site Access. It is a condition of your use of this Web Site that all the information that you provide to this Web Site is correct, current, accurate, adequate and complete. MyLawBid has the right to refuse you access to this Web Site or any of its resources and to terminate or suspend your access at any time if MyLawBid believes that the information you provide is not correct, current, accurate, adequate or complete. However, MyLawBid has no obligation to verify the correctness, currency, accuracy, adequacy, completeness or usefulness of any information that you have provided. Upon submission of the user registration form and, where required, the applicable fee, MyLawBid may provide you, at its sole and absolute discretion, access to the secure sections of this Web Site. MyLawBid reserves the right to cancel your username and password at its sole and absolute discretion, without notice to you, where this Web Site is used by you for improper purposes.
3. Restrictions on Use. You may use this Web Site for your own personal or commercial purposes as expressly provided by these Terms and Conditions. You may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, rent, lease, loan, sell, sub-license, or create derivative works from this Web Site or the Content. Nor may you use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the site architecture, or extract information about usage or users. You may not use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy this Web Site or the Content without MyLawBid’s prior written permission. You may not copy, modify, reproduce, republish, distribute, display, or transmit for commercial, non-profit or public purposes all or any portion of this Web Site, without the prior written consent of MyLawBid. You may not use or otherwise export or re-export this Web Site or any portion thereof, the Content or any software available on or through this Web Site. Any unauthorized use of this Web Site or its Content is prohibited.
4. Proprietary Information. This Web Site and the Content are protected under Canadian intellectual property laws and other laws of Canada and other nations. All Content, including the collection, arrangement and assembly of such Content, is the exclusive property of MyLawBid and its information providers. You shall not permit, allow or do anything that would infringe or otherwise prejudice the proprietary rights of MyLawBid or its information providers. The restrictions set out herein shall not apply to the limited extent the restrictions are prohibited by applicable law. Trade-marks, service marks and logos appearing in this Web Site are the property of MyLawBid or the third party that provided the trade-marks, service marks and logos to MyLawBid. MyLawBid and any third party that provided trade-marks, service marks and logos to MyLawBid retain all rights with respect to any of their respective trade-marks, service marks and logos appearing in this Web Site. Nothing contained in this Web Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trade-mark displayed on this Web Site.
5. Conduct and Use of Web Site.It is a condition of your use of this Web Site that you will access and use this Web Site in a professional, responsible and business-like manner in accordance with applicable laws. You are prohibited from communicating any information through this Web Site that is obscene, illegal, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of third party intellectual property or privacy rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties, and that does not consist or contain software viruses, chain letters, political campaigning, or any form of spam. You are also prohibited from using a false e-mail address, from impersonating another person or entity, or otherwise misleading MyLawBid as to your identity when you are on this Web Site or otherwise communicating with MyLawBid or third parties.
6. License of Your Content to Provider. Except in respect of content or material uploaded or submitted describing your legal situation in a Request for Legal Proposal, by uploading content to or submitting any materials for use on this Web Site, you grant (or warrant that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) MyLawBid a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium or technology now known or later developed.
7. Applicable Fees, Renewals and Cancellations. Where fees apply for Legal Professionals, the fees are due and payable by you immediately on the first day of the subscription period if it is an annual fee (“Premium Membership Fee”) or monthly fee (“Status Membership Fee”). The subscription period begins on the date on which you register with MyLawBid. If you have opted to pay the pay-as-you-go fee, payment of the fee is due and payable by you immediately prior to the submission of a response to an inquiry. All fees are final and non-refundable.
Premium Memberships (as defined below) and Status Memberships (as defined below) will be automatically renewed and the applicable membership fee charged to the method of payment provided to MyLawBid at the end of the membership period. Prior to being charged the applicable membership fee, you will receive a notification email reminding you of the renewal of your membership and the amount that is to be charged. To cancel the automatic renewal of your Premium Membership or Status Membership, change your profile settings and inform MyLawBid by email at email@example.com.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, if, within 30 days of registering with MyLawBid as an annual subscriber (“Premium Member”), you inform MyLawBid by email at firstname.lastname@example.org that you would like to cancel your annual subscription (“Premium Membership”), a cancellation fee of $100 (plus applicable taxes) will be deducted from your Premium Membership Fee and the balance refunded.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, if, within 7 days of registering with MyLawBid as a monthly subscriber (“Status Member”), you inform MyLawBid by email at email@example.com that you would like to cancel your monthly subscription (“Status Membership”), a cancellation fee of $25 (plus applicable taxes) will be deducted from your Status Membership Fee and the balance refunded.
You may only cancel a Premium Membership or Status Membership and receive the above-stipulated refund on one occasion. For example, if you register for a Premium Membership or Status Membership a subsequent time after having cancelled a Premium Membership or Status Membership, the subsequent Premium Membership Fee or the subsequent Status Membership Fee is final and non-refundable.
8. Advertising Fees. Where advertising fees apply, the advertising fee is due and payable prior to (or a subsequent date determined by MyLawBid, in its sole and absolute discretion) the advertisement, job posting or featured article appearing on the Web Site or in an e-mail distributed by MyLawBid. All advertising fees are final and non-refundable.
9. Chargebacks. In the event that your payment to MyLawBid is invalidated for any reason (“Chargeback”), you are liable to MyLawBid for the full amount of the payment and any fees related to the Chargeback charged by PayPal to MyLawBid pursuant to Section 8 of the PayPal User Agreement.
10. PayPal User Agreement.This Web Site uses PayPal to process its financial transactions. You represent and warrant that you have read, understood and agreed to the PayPal agreements and policies applicable to you. See the PayPal Legal Agreements for the agreements and policies applicable to you.
11. Not Legal Advice. Content contained or made available through this Web Site is not intended to and does not constitute legal advice and no lawyer-client relationship is formed between you and MyLawBid. The correctness, currency, accuracy, adequacy, completeness, reliability or usefulness of the Content is not warranted or guaranteed. Your use of information on this Web Site or materials linked to this Web Site is at your own risk and the information is provided on an as-is, where-is basis.
12. Advertising. Content contained or made available through this Web Site is not intended to and does not constitute legal advice and no lawyer-client relationship is formed between you and MyLawBid. The correctness, currency, accuracy, adequacy, completeness, reliability or usefulness of the Content is not warranted or guaranteed. Your use of information on this Web Site or materials linked to this Web Site is at your own risk and the information is provided on an as-is, where-is basis.
13. Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement. MyLawBid reserves the right to remove any Content or links that allegedly infringe another person’s copyright. Notices to MyLawBid regarding any alleged copyright infringement should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Linking to this Web Site. You may provide links to this Web Site, provided (a) you do not remove or obscure, by framing or otherwise, any portion of the Web Site, and (b) you discontinue providing links to this Web Site if requested by MyLawBid. If you link to the Web Site, you agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions.
15. Errors and Corrections. MyLawBid does not represent nor warrant that this Web Site will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected. MyLawBid does not warrant or represent that the information available on or through this Web Site will be correct, current, accurate, adequate, complete, useful or otherwise reliable. MyLawBid may make improvements and/or changes to its features, functionality or Content at any time.
16. Third Party Content. Third party content may appear on this Web Site, may be accessible via links from this Web Site or may be sent to you by e-mail through or in response to a Request for Legal Proposal. MyLawBid is not responsible for and assumes no liability for any mistakes, misstatements of law, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehood, obscenity, pornography or profanity in the statements, opinions, representations or any other form of content contained in any third party content appearing on this Web Site, accessible from this Web Site or sent to you by e-mail. You understand that the information and opinions in the third party content is neither endorsed by nor does it reflect the belief of MyLawBid.
17. DISCLAIMER. THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN AS-IS, WHERE-IS BASIS. MYLAWBID AND JEFFREY FUNG EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. MYLAWBID AND JEFFREY FUNG DISCLAIM ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF OR ANY WAY RELATED TO (A) ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS FROM THIS WEBSITE AND THE CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TECHNICAL INACCURACIES AND TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, (B) ANY THIRD PARTY WEB SITES OR CONTENT THEREIN DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ACCESSED THROUGH LINKS IN THIS WEB SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS THEREFROM, (C) ANY E-MAILS RECEIVED FROM MYLAWBID OR THIRD PARTIES , INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO E-MAILS RECEIVED IN RESPECT OF OR IN RESPONSE TO A REQUEST FOR LEGAL PROPOSAL, (D) THE UNAVAILABILITY OF THIS WEB SITE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, (E) YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE, OR (F) YOUR USE OF ANY EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS WEBSITE.
18. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. MYLAWBID AND JEFFREY FUNG SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE. MYLAWBID AND JEFFREY FUNG SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LAWYERS’ FEES) IN ANY WAY DUE TO, RESULTING FROM, OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEB SITE OR THE CONTENT, TO THE EXTENT THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS PROHIBITED, MYLAWBID’S AND JEFFREY FUNG’S JOINT OBLIGATION TO YOU, IF ANY, FOR DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO $100.00.
19. Unlawful Activity. MyLawBid reserves the right to investigate complaints or reported violations of these Terms and Conditions and to take any action MyLawBid deems appropriate including but not limited to reporting any suspected unlawful activity to law enforcement officials, regulators, or other third parties and disclosing any information necessary or appropriate to such persons or entities relating to user profiles, e-mail addresses, usage history, posted materials, IP addresses and traffic information.
20. Remedies for Violations. MyLawBid reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to the right to block access from a particular internet address to this Web Site and its features.
21. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. The Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions or your use of this Web Site and Content will be filed only in a court located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of any such action. Your use of this Web Site is void where prohibited by laws in jurisdictions to which you are otherwise subject, and you agree not to visit or use this Web Site or Content in any such circumstances. This Web Site is not intended for use by minors, and any use or submission of information by minors is prohibited unless written permission by the minor’s parent or guardian is provided to MyLawBid.
24. Modifications to Terms and Conditions. MyLawBid reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Updated versions of the Terms and Conditions will appear on this Web Site and are effective immediately. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the Terms and Conditions. Continued use of this Web Site after any such changes constitutes your consent to such changes.
25. Assignment. You may not assign, sub-license, or otherwise transfer or encumber any agreements between you and MyLawBid, or any of your rights or obligations under such agreements, to any person except with the prior written consent of MyLawBid. MyLawBid may assign or transfer such agreements and/or rights or obligations to such affiliate of MyLawBid’s, and MyLawBid or such affiliate-assignee may assign or transfer such agreements and/or any rights or obligations to any third-party successor to all or substantially all of the business of assets of MyLawBid, in each case without your prior written consent.
26. Language. At the request of the parties, the official language of these Terms and Conditions, any agreements between you and MyLawBid, and all communications and documents relating hereto is the English language, and the English-language version shall govern all interpretations of these Terms and Conditions. À la demande des parties, la langue officielle des présentes conditions d’utlisation, toutes conventions entre vous et MyLawBid ainsi que toutes communications et tous documents s’y rapportant est la langue anglaise, et la version anglaise est celle qui régit toute interprétation des présentes conditions d’utilisation et toutes conventions entre vous et MyLawBid.