MyLawBid is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information users choose to provide to MyLawBid through the Web Site or otherwise. This policy applies to MyLawBid and governs data collection, use and disclosure. By accessing this Web Site you agree to be bound by the provisions of this policy and consent to the use of your personal information in accordance with this policy.
1. Collection of Personal Information. MyLawBid collects personally identifiable information such as your name, name of your business, number of employees, e-mail address, web site address or URL, home or work address and telephone number. You may also choose to provide other personal information to MyLawBid in order to use MyLawBid’s features. This information may include, without limitation, your legal circumstances, billing rate and areas of legal expertise. Information about your computer hardware and software is automatically collected through this Web Site. This computer-related information includes, without limitation, your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This computer-related information is used by MyLawBid for operation of the Web Site, to maintain quality and to provide general statistics regarding use of this Web Site.
2. Direct Disclosure of Personal Information by You. . If you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally send data through this Web Site to the public or other users, this information may be collected and used by others. MyLawBid is not responsible for any personally identifiable information you choose to submit through this Web Site to the public or other users.
3. Use and Disclosure of your Personal Information. MyLawBid collects and uses your personal information to operate this Web Site and deliver the services and information you have requested, as well as other purposes that may be indicated to you at the time you provide your personal information. For legal professionals, MyLawBid may disclose your personal information in responses to requests for legal proposals (RLP), to other legal professionals and on your MyLawBid Legal Directory profile. For non-legal professional users, MyLawBid may disclose your personal information to the legal professionals that you have selected through the RLP process. MyLawBid may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or potential new services that may be offered. If you participate in surveys and polls offered through this Web Site, by e-mail or otherwise, the information you provide may be used to calculate data and present trends that will be visible to others using this Web Site but your responses will remain anonymous. In addition, MyLawBid may use personal information to contact users in connection with MyLawBid’s events, news and other activities, and to provide users with additional information about products and services in which they might be interested that are available from MyLawBid and its affiliates. MyLawBid may share data with trusted partners who provide services or information related to the Web Site, including, without limitation, assistance in performing statistical analysis, sending your e-mail or postal mail, providing customer support, arranging deliveries or hosting this Web Site. Some trusted partners currently include those located in the United States of America. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information. MyLawBid keeps track of the websites and pages our users visit from the website in order to determine what services are more popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and inform users of specific features within this Web Site.
4. Consent and Agreement to Use and Disclosure of your Personal Information. You acknowledge, consent and agree that MyLawBid may access, use, preserve and disclose your personal information as set forth in this policy above, or if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, use, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with lawful government law enforcement requests, subpoenas and court orders; (b) enforce any and all agreements between you and MyLawBid or its affiliates; (c) respond to claims of a violation of the rights of third parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of MyLawBid and its affiliates, its users and the public. Your consent remains valid even after the termination of our relationship with you unless you provide MyLawBid with written notice that such consent is withdrawn. You authorize MyLawBid to use and retain your personal information for as long as it may be required for the purposes described above. In some cases, personal information may be disclosed, processed and stored outside the province of your residence or outside Canada, and therefore may be available to government authorities under lawful orders and laws applicable there.
6. Security of your Personal Information. MyLawBid secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. MyLawBid uses commercially reasonable efforts to secure the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted through the Web Site, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
7. Access and Correction of Personal Information. If you would like to access your personal information or request that your personal information be removed from MyLawBid’s database or the Web Site, you must contact MyLawBid at firstname.lastname@example.org. M. MyLawBid will provide access to this information, correct any factual inaccuracies identified, or remove information as requested. Removal of a user’s personal information may prevent MyLawBid from providing further services and information to the user.